Friday, 19 August 2011

First act


Dear all,

I am proud to present to you my blog (my first one!). This blog will mainly focus on the evolution of proteins, the structure of proteins, the evolution of structure and the structure of evolution.

Why proteins? Because proteins are the key element of life, because there is so much to learn about them, because the genetic code makes it easy to perform any kind of computation on them and because they can be used to make nice colourful 3D pictures. :D

In this blog, I will present new papers and some debates that have caught my attention. I will try to summarise some concepts that are important in molecular evolution. Finally, if I have time, I will give some hands-on advice and tips on popular software.

I hope I will be able to keep a good pace during the year (I set an objective of two articles/month).

Romain Studer (aka RAS)

PS: Feel free to email me in private if you have anything to say about this blog, like suggesting new papers, making criticisms about the English (as you probably noticed, I am not a native English speaker) and so on.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Romain,

    Congratulations on the launch of your blog! I started one a while back (takesatmbl.wordpress.com) but have failed to post much as I feel I should be finishing my PhD instead. May you do a better job than me :-).

    Tony

    ReplyDelete